Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Christian Behavior

This was probably my favorite section in Mere Christianity because it discussed the attributes and characteristics that we need to take upon ourselves to be considered more worthy disciples of Jesus Christ.

I don't know how much I could actually right about this section, in the sense that I think that almost everything is quotable.

Christian behavior, Lewis asserts, is based on the concept of morality. The difficulty lies in what your definition of morality is, and how that relates to us as individuals. If we assume it to be true, and I will, then what Lewis explains to us as essential moral values is extremely valuable to us.

Lewis goes from the cardinal virtues, to social and sexual morality. If I had to pick what I felt were the most important chapters are, I would have to focus on forgiveness and pride, along with the three godly virtues of faith, hope and charity.

.....

No comments:

Post a Comment